Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Prince & Me

Sit back, relax, and enjoy because the events that occurred this weekend don’t come around very often. This weekend was significant because I rubbed elbows with Prince Harry, on more than one occasion! For those of you who know me well, I am intrigued by the Royal Family, partly because of my study abroad experience in London. This weekend was my second chance to see the Royal “Party Boy” face to face!


The majority of my Friday afternoon was spent with friends in Central Park, one of the greatest places in the city. I along with Ashton and roomie Meagan went to the Loeb Boathouse, a famous icon of Central Park. We purchased food and set off for a little R&R which included people watching, the best part! We were sure we saw Robert Pattinson but of course we were wrong. The poor guy we deemed to be our “vampire” HAD to feel awkward because at one point I was inching closer for a double take before snapping a quick shot! I think we caught him off guard!! Needless to say, this city has persuaded me to become my own version of the paparazzi! After lounging in the park, we visited a cute little pub called The Gatsby where we met friends for a fun night out on the town!

Picnic in Central Park!


Our view!


Saturday came early but was full of excitement. Meagan and I decided to go to a Mets game, partly to see Prince Harry throw the first pitch, but also for Meagan, who has never been to a professional baseball game! We were able to get great pictures of Harry and enjoyed the game!

Contemplating his pitch.



He's winding up...


STRIKE!


Me and Meagan. No, we didn't purchase these obnoxiously orange hats, they were given to us!


Aw, look!!! I found a GA boy! Jeff Francoeur, former Braves player.



Now this next part seems a little far-fetched but it’s all true, I promise. Sunday, was the second annual Vueve Clicquot Polo Classic on Governor’s Island. It was open to the public, so I got thinking…what better way to spend the day than going to a polo match? Not to mention I got to watch my favorite polo player prance around on a horse all day in the cutest uniform known to man! Ashton and Meagan came along as well as some other friends. We brought blankets and braved the scorching sun. I must say I have great friends! I can’t think of too many people that would sacrifice air conditioning for half a day just so I can see one guy, even if he is Royalty! We, or might I say my friends (I was too busy watching), got great pictures of the Prince himself, we even got him on camera mid sentence after he hit a ball into the crowd. Nacho Figueras, model for Ralph Lauren, was also among the polo players. Although the team I was rooting for did not win, I enjoyed the new experience.

We saw Lady Liberty on the way to Governor's Island.


Governor's Island.


Ashton and I at the Polo Classic!


Waiting for the match to start!


Prince Harry was number 1.


Go Harry!



Right before the ball was hit into the crowd.


After hitting the ball out of bounds he charmed us by saying, "That was for you!" Then gave us a big smile!



Nacho!



Oh hey Mr. Ralph Lauren model.


Until next time...


Work=so far so good! I’ve been busy working with designers, organizing, and running errands. I’m learning a lot and staying extremely busy! After work, on Tuesday, I met up with my roomies and Ashton outside of the Letterman Show. We saw Taylor Lautner, from Twilight and of course my paparazzi skills came out again! He was so cute BUT I’m still TEAM EDWARD!

Coming out of the Letterman Show.


The Warewolf up close and personal!


This weekend is Ashton’s last weekend in the city so we’re planning some exciting events for July 4th. Hopefully we’ll make it to the Hamptons!!! Stay tuned.

2 comments: