Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Promises, Promises!

This weekend I had a little taste of HOME! My Mom and a great family friend came to visit as well as one of my sorority sistas which made for a fun weekend in the City!

Quick recap:

My weekend started off with my very own version of "Night at the Museum". I went to the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA). I have to admit I'm not the biggest fan of modern art. Splatter paint just doesn't scream masterpiece to me! However, the works of Andy Warhol, Van Gogh, and Picasso do! I've included some of my favorites!








Early Saturday I decided to go on a mission to find Broadway tickets to Promises, Promises staring Sean Hayes (the feisty little guy from Will & Grace) AND my favorite, Kristin Chenoweth! On the way, my roomie Kate and I came across a street market with amazing jewelry and of course stopped to check everything out which resulted in an addition to my jewelry collection! Later that evening, after my friends and family arrived, we headed to see Promises, Promises. The cast was great, especially Sean Hayes!



Me and my Mom after the show!


Me, Kate, and Ashton.


Ellen's Stardust Diner was next on our list of places to go. Caution: make sure you love being serenaded before entering! Ellen's is a 1950's diner featuring a singing waitstaff which sure does make for a unique dinner.


On Sunday we visited Ground Zero, which is always a humbling experience, and went inside St. Peter's, the church that is located directly in front of where the Twin Towers once stood. The remarkable aspect of this church was its ability to withstand and remain untouched during the September 11th attacks. The church commemorates the lives that were lost and the hero's our nation gained. It was also a refuge for firefighters and victims during this painful time in history. I've included some pictures.


St. Peter's.


Since, 9/11 the church has been refurbished but the pews have remained untouched, bearing scratches and scars, as a reminder of the Sept. 11th attacks and those who came to this church to seek refuge.






A cross made from the debris of the Twin Towers.


Century 21, an upscale TJ Maxx, was our favorite shopping venue of the day! Here's what to expect upon arrival...SALES! And when I say SALES I mean Fendi swimsuits originally priced at $300 but on sale for $100. When does that ever happen?! My purchases= some stylish black gladiator flats and some precious Tory Burch flats!

I'm also including some pictures from Grand Central Station. Another place we visited while my Mom was in NYC!

Grand Central...


This week at work I was asked to run errands for a designer in the Garment District (P.S. You should probably be fluent in a second language to venture into the fabric stores, especially if you want to be helped)! I was glad to get out of the office and explore the area even if I felt like a foreigner.

Tuesday my roomie Meagan and I went to meet up with Ashton for dinner. We went to a Texas BBQ place which wasn't that bad considering we're in NYC! We are planning a fun weekend so I'll be sure to embark on some exciting adventures to tell you about. Hopefully Robert Pattinson will be included in my next blog. Ladies, keep your fingers crossed!!!

I'll leave you with this. I fell asleep on the subway after an exhausting day at work and woke up in Harlem...no biggie! And if you don't know what/where Harlem is...Google it!

No comments:

Post a Comment