Friday, June 11, 2010

Concrete Jungle!

Welcome to my life in NYC! I've been in the City that Never Sleeps for about a week and let me tell you I'm definitely "not in Kansas anymore"! I'm living at Columbia University located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Although I've only been here a week, I'm loving every minute of it.

My dorm room is typical...layers of white paint on the walls and dingy carpet but you can't beat the view! I live with four other girls who are also interning this summer. Kate and Meagan are from Texas, Michelle is from Florida, and Paulina is from North Carolina. I definitely lucked out with these girls. They are great!







View from my room...


My first day of work was extremely nerve racking but I've mastered the subway (or at least I think so). I'm interning at Tommy Hilfiger Corporate Headquarters. So far I'm loving it! My "team" and I are working on a million dollar renovation for the TH Home Shop in Macy's. Next week I get to venture to the design world within TH! :) Kate, Meagan, and I are going to explore more of the city and the nightlife this weekend. I'm positive that I'll have some interesting stories to share!

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Molly your room is so fancy! This is me being jealous all the way from my cubical in Atlanta! :) love Sam!

    ReplyDelete